Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women invites volunteers to join its organization, who find it important to help disabled people and their families without directly wanting anything in return. And also to help in forming a society, that is based on politeness, justice and respecting one another.
A volunteer is a person, who helps the union in its constitutional goals or help union members as a personal helper. Personal helper is a volunteer, who helps a union member in its daily physical activities while supporting her independency in different aspects of her life.
Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women needs volunteers, who:
1) want to help union in its constitutional goals, to build an develop the organization (activities include website development and administration; writing press releases; designing logos, forms and brochures; writing articles to English, Russian, Finnish and so on, as well as marketing, internationalization, project writing, finding co-partners and supporters)
2) want to help union members as a personal assistant at home our outside of home (jobs include washing windows, writing conspectus in university, pushing a wheelchair and so on). Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women considers volunteering as a service for which a volunteer won’t receive any money or other benefits, that can be valued by money.
Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women expects volunteers to join its organizations who:
1) are ready to take on and carry responsibility;
2) who can be counted on and trusted;
3) who are flexible and with high ethical values;
4) who have an understanding of values the union promotes.
Volunteer work for Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women is based on Estonian legal acts, volunteer work agreement and volunteer good practise. Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women and volunteer must act in good faith and in accordance with good practise.
For our part we offer an opportunity to:
1) put yourself to the test and gain new skills and experiences;
2) contribute to forming a society our children would want to grow in;
3) be a part of building up and developing an organization.
Before deciding on joining us, please read:
Good practice of volunteering (We will add info in English soon!)
Tallinn and Harju County Union of Disabled Women, statute created on the 26th of March 2013 (We will add info in English soon!)
If you’re ready to become a volunteer, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your thoughts and wishes. We greatly appreciate your help and support!